Sales hiring - the smart way...
We are NOT a recruiting firm. We ARE experts at using an effective process we created called the Six Step Sales Hiring Process to hire the best sales talent available in the market. We can guide you through an effective process for advertising, screening, interviewing, and assessing the best sales talent for your business.
How does the Six Step Sales Hiring Process work?
- Step 1: We help you identify exactly what sales talent you need - inside sales or outside sales, type of sales role (e.g. just qualifying or qualifying AND closing), and what key characteristics to look for in this salesperson. This step will lead to a clear job description and an ad that you will use to attract exactly the candidates you want.
- Step 2: We have a unique way of screening candidates that apply for your sales position. At the end of this screening you will know if the candidate has many of the key characteristics you are looking for.
- Step 3: Candidates that make it to Step 3 go through a structured phone interview that looks for key sales characteristics - are they Ego Driven, do they have Ego Toughness, and how strong is their Empathy (Emotional Intelligence). Our structured questions help you identify these core attributes and more.
- Step 4: Since we started the process by establishing a clear job description for our sales hire we can establish a specific Job Benchmark for this sales role. All candidates that make it to Step 4 take a 24 minute self-assessment that helps understand their Performance Style and Ambitions (Motivating Values) and we can see how closely these candidates map to our established Job Benchmark.
- Step 5: By now we have done a very thorough job of evaluating our candidates. If they make it to Step 5 we have a high degree of confidence that they can do the job and do it well. In this step, the in-person interviews we can confirm our findings, look for cultural fit and chemistry and dig into any gaps or open concerns.
- Step 6: This step is about how to make the offer and how to on-board the salesperson (get the salesperson started) so that the salesperson and the company wins.
Proof? We've been using and improving this highly effective approach since 1995.
We offer a free consultation. Contact us today to discuss your sales hiring challenges and to see if we can help.